Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council Scholars Program
Provide travel funding (up to a maximum of $1,500) for a full-time graduate student to attend the Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council (DCRC) Annual Meeting and encourage their participation in DCRC activities.
DCRC Scholars Eligibility Requirements
Applicants must be a DCRC member (for more information, click here).
Applicants must be a graduate student enrolled full time at a college or university in a dairy, animal or veterinary science, microbiology or related program at the time of application deadline, with an area of interest that includes dairy cattle reproduction.
Submit the following:
- Completed application form, including school, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number of applicant and faculty reference.
- One-page interest statement including:
- Why are you interested in dairy cattle reproduction?
- What are your career goals?
- Why do you want to attend the DCRC Annual Meeting?
- If currently working on a research project, discuss how the project will enhance dairy cattle reproduction.
- One recommendation letter from a faculty member or department head.
- Additional information (limited to one additional page), such as schools attended, list of awards, honors, scholarships, etc.
Application must be completed in English and received by April 30, 2019.
Applications and other required materials must be sent electronically via e-mail. Faxed or mailed applications will not be accepted. All files must be saved in PDF format. Please submit all documents as a single PDF file, if possible.
Applicants will receive an e-mail regarding the selection committee’s decision by June 1, 2019.
Other Requirements and Information
- The scholarship is not transferable to another student or faculty member.
- Successful applicants are required to submit a poster.
- Award recipients are required to submit a summary of their DCRC Annual Meeting experience for publication in the December 2019 DCRC newsletter.
- The Award recipient will work with DCRC staff in making travel arrangements and work through a DCRC-approved travel agent. Also, the award recipient is responsible for securing proper documentation, including passport and visa, if required.
E-mail the application form and supporting documents to: email@example.com. An e-mail confirmation will be sent within 72 hours of receipt of completed application.
If you have questions, contact JoDee Sattler: (414) 587-5839 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUICK LINK: DCRC Scholars Application